AutoYou is constructing a model which implements Electric Vehicles in the urban cities by connecting interactions between technological performance, infrastructure building and consumer behavior in different spatial and temporal scales in one system.
This is achieved by correlating the need for transportation (Tirana Last Mile) and charging infrastucture EAL – Electrify Albania.
(Tirana Last Mile) starts the EV interaction through the taxi industry in the urban areas, such as city of Tirana..
This project can be implemented in most Eastern Europe cities and every urban service area with the following parameters:
- Population more than 1 million
- Lack of access to quality public transportation
- Radius of urban area 5-15 km
The project’s purpose is to replace 80% of ICE AGE cars with Electric Vehicles in taxi business thus providing benefits like:
- Solving transportation problems caused by lack of critical information
- Increased efficiency do to cloud integration between the customer and driver
- Decrease pollution in crowded cities
- Increase revenue in the taxi service
- Decrease taxi price
- Cargo services for door to door deliveries
- Create totally new ways of delivery probabilities while reducing costs.
- Increase the number of available parking spaces.
- Create the possibility for electric bike sharing system and many other types of electric transportation.
The system offers the best possibilities to support lateral structures related with:
- ‘IoT ‘ (Internet of Things),
- ‘M2M’ (Machine to Machine) and
- ‘System of Systems’.
2 – An essential part of this project is the Saytaxi app; A well-known smartphone application that can be downloaded from both Play Store and App Store. . Within the app, the clients (passengers) can book a taxi and before they make the order they can control information such as the driver’s name, picture, the type of car, plate number, time of arrival, ratings from previous clients etc.
The application increases the efficiency of the drivers by operating on cloud
* Normally taxi drivers invoice only 20% of their traveled kilometers (from actual statistics). Private Taxi drivers invoice only 10%. A taxi service company fleet with 40 cars can invoice only up to 30%. A taxi service company should have at least 50 cars to invoice more than 50%. Within the app a private taxi driver could invoice up to 80% of their traveled kilometers.
The applied platform created by our partners – TaxiStartup, is able to support completely several city services such as:
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
- School bus
- Garbage truck
- City cleaning
- Bus service
For marketing and administration purposes, the system enables the organization of one or more passengers through coupons, through referrals and coupons or fixed trips. The system includes: on-cloud services that meet nowadays Government’s Requirements, pre-reservation feature, fully integrated payments and IoT automation.
3 – We have chosen the EV’s alternative by evaluating the most common benefits they have:
- Decrease by ten (10) times the cost of fuel
- Decrease depreciation by 50%, compared with ICE AGE vehicles
- Decrease maintenance cost up to 40-50% per kilometer
- Reduce pollution issues
- Double the employment rate in the taxi sector
- Pave the way for multimode transportation types
- Increase usage of taxi service (for the applied area)
EV’s today are a very reliable technology compared to 1O-20 years ago. For private usage they don’t save more than 2,000 $/ year in fuel and they surely generate some kind of range anxiety. In the taxi business they save more than 10,000 $/ year in fuel, and in cities with the dimension likes of Tirana, the range anxiety is not an issue. I.e taxis operate under 150 km/ day and EV’s can literally solve the city’s actual need of transportation.
In order for the EV’s to operate, charging towers are needed, which should be installed on the streets, parking lots, shopping malls, etc.
From a different perspective EV parking-share helps setting up a new business as it turns to a preferable destination for the EV drivers. It also builds stable income from repeating customers that would increase the turnover of the business in which the charging station is installed. The concept is be developed from businesses for the businesses.
Creating never-ending offers tailored to the size of the business which wants to become a part of the project, parking-share location.
4 – The cost of transportation remains the entrepreneur’s main interest while the transport market is long characterized by small differences and fierce competition. Players in this market compete primarily through price and therefore it is important to continuously improve organization and reduce costs. One of the great challenges for transport companies is to reduce costs while increasing customer service quality. We want to transform the transportation industry by facilitating the charging towers/ stations through mobile and network applications that allow people to charge their car wherever they go. We need to transform the energy industry through intelligent management development. To help people flee from fossil hydrocarbons we want to make it easier for everyone to adapt into electric cars by connecting with the manufacturers, businesses and each other.
As a living example of its methodology, Tirana Last Mile i s expanding by using the existing costs to fuel the initial investment needed. We have managed to install three (3) charging stations and convert 15 individual taxi drivers to Electric Taxis to operate easily and conveniently through the app (Saytaxi with virtually no startup funds. Although we had to invent some of those during the way also.
We had to work extra hard to come to this model as the local government couldn’t offer any subsidy at all.